Monday, September 26, 2011

I blame it on the free beer...

I was raised in the sixties....I think this sign says a lot of truth about the way we were raised.

What you can't read is the beer label reads "Slosh" brand.

Went to the Comal County Fair on Thursday night because for our business, we joined the Chamber of Commerce and they had a mixer. With free beer. And free food and prizes but mainly, free beer. So, since I didn't want to see the rodeo (can't watch animals treated like that...I can eat a cow but don't want to watch someone throw it to the ground...lame) I hung out near this guys booth that sold these signs. They spoke to me. It had been a really rough few days with a friend's daughter being in the hospital and knowing she was not going to survive this time and reading things that made me laugh out loud was very therapeutic. So now, my deck will have "art".

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the first one. Is it wrong to be sitting here fantasizing about doing just that? lol

    And (((hugs))) over your friend's daughter. It is tough saying goodbye and seeing the suffering of those we love. (((beemommy)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joey died on Friday morning. This is a friend who I met because our kids were born with Spina Bifida. We met through the Easter Seals along with a few other moms, really clicked. But, she moved away and my daughter died. Everyone just kind of drifted. Fast forward about thirty years since I'd last seen Joey. Because she'd had two strokes that were unrelated to Spina Bifida, and had become so fragile, this was a blessing. I just know the hell her mom is entering.

    ReplyDelete