Sunday, January 1, 2012

Lame, but in a good way....




I do believe I've eaten my way around the world while Santa did his thing. Polished off the last sour cream cookie with my coffee and then signed up at weight loss buddy. I'm so lame....on New Year's Day, how cheesy is that? But, I have to. For the last several years especially, I've allowed myself to eat and drink whatever I wanted "because of the stress". It sounded good at the time. Now, I've hit over 200 lbs. and have back fat.....as in two rolls, each side. I am out of breath (not laying on the floor gonna die out of breath, but still) at the top of the stairs in my house. Yep, one freakin' flight. Go me! So, even though I'm joining the other lame-o's who start to plan for a healthier future on New Year's Day, I have to do this. Yes, I would love to put on a pair of pants and stop checking for all those socks. You know those socks, the ones that had to have, despite copious amounts of
Dow ny, become entangled in the belly, butt , hip and thigh area because those bulges can so not be ME! I would love to be svelte. I even like saying it and typing it because for now, that's a close to svelte as I'm going to get except for my index fingers. But svelte, as lovely as you are, you have nothing on smooth, as in smooth inhalations and exhalations that don't sound as if a 200 lb. Bull Mastiff has just climbed the stairs next to me. So, here's where the few of you that read this come in.....you're gonna poke my fat ass virtually. If in a post I mention something like going to a big ol' Texas BarBQue, you will simply comment SVELTE or LUNGS. If you want to be mean you could type Lardass. I would get it. See, my son is coming home eventually and I want to be able to keep up with his teenage self. I also don't want him to worry about my dropping dead on him (literally or figuratively) . His needs are not why I'm doing this though....I need to get healthy for myself. I also need to put up my "5K" picture from Orlando in 11. While I look for what will be my new wallpaper, here's a few pics from a successful, large family gathering on Thursday where my son did very, very well. Except for once getting snippy with me and you know what, I redirected his ass and he accepted it. Go him! And yes, go me.

5 comments:

  1. Go you! You are awesome- I can't imagine calling you lardass :( At the same time, I know what you mean. I have been holding steady or losing slooowly, but I am ready for more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. call you names? my goodness, girl, you're making it hard to maintain southern manners! but i suppose it'll be all right if after i use those words i follow it up with the wonder-statement that makes it okay. bless your heart!

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it ladies! Today, I took down ALL of Christmas, inside and out (except for the icicle lights on the roof....no Effexor for three days means weird little visual things and a sinus-like headache...got the meds this a.m. and the headache is gone...still can't look too fast left or right....bless my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless your heart!

    My scale read 210lb this morning, so I'm joining you! Now that my main excuse is in an RTF, I've just got to get motivated to get moving!

    Hugs and prayers!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad he is doing so well!

    Count me in the back-fat can't-breathe must-loose-weight-now club. Let's keep one another accountable.

    See you soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete