Sunday, July 24, 2011

Grace


She won over Uncle B, the birthday boy.....

Ahem, what are YOU looking at?
Ours was the first and up until now, the only adoptive family in my family. Despite our experiences with Alex, and maybe because of our experiences with Hannah, my little brother is now joining up. This is Miss Grace. She all but just fell into their lives. Grace's birth mom was taking her to the church day care and preschool that my sister in law teaches at. Over time, she was watching Gracie while her birth mom was working three jobs. It turns out that there are two siblings, full siblings, that were placed about four years ago with a relative. Their parents were not open to adopting Grace and so, she's joined the family. This is one incredibly smart and agile 18 month old. It appears she's a lot like her Aunt Sissy (me) in that she is a bit hyper. Funny thing is, there is sixteen years between my second and third daughters and the same between Grace and Kaley, up until now an only child. I hope these two are half as close as my Heather and Hannah are. Welcome to the clan, Miss Gracie!

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie! I'm hoping she had plenty of bonding time with anyone. Congrats, Auntie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful! She is adorable and I love the name!! If I would have gotten another girl, she would have been a Grace :) Congrats Auntie!

    ReplyDelete